Friday, June 1, 2007

Amish Friendship Bread

Brandon brought home a starter kit for Amish Friendship Bread yesterday and he seemed really excited about it and I just rolled my eyes. For those of you who don't know what Amish Friendship Bread is, it is basically a chain letter in the form of bread dough. It is kind of neat at first but then it requires a lot of work, kneading the starter mixture, adding ingredients, dividing it up into starter kits that you give to your friends to harness them with these same responsibilities. I think it should be called Amish Enemy Bread because not many people I know would think it was friendly of me to give them raw bread dough?!?! Anyway the whole point of my story is to say that I ended up having a dream about the Amish Friendship Bread last night...the dream goes much like I'm assuming the scenario will go in real life. Brandon didn't have anything to do with the starter mixture after a few days and I just ended up baking all of the bread instead of dividing it up to give to people and we ended up with loads of loaves of various types of bread. There were so many loaves that I ran out of ideas of what to put in them...there were chocolate chip muffins, banana nut bread, cinnamon raisin bread, etc. I even put plums in one of the loaves...is there even such a thing as plum bread? Well there was in my dream last night!

No comments: