Monday, May 21, 2007

The one that started it all

I'm at and old European hotel and I get on the elevator to return to my room but it never stops. I finally pry the doors open to realize the elevator is traveling horizontally not vertically. I return to the lobby to find a group of my friends who are waiting for a different elevator. The doors open and this elevator is the size of a large sitting room with couches, tables and chairs. I choose a seat at a table and the elevator doesn't move, it never goes anywhere. I'm waiting rather impatiently then finally decide to take the stairs instead. I storm off of the elevator and up six flights of stairs only to realize that I don't have a key to my room. I go back down the stairs, return to the elevator to obtain the key from my friend, climb the six flights of stairs, reach my room only to find the door is unlocked.
This was the dream that started the dream journal...my journal entry is dated December 11, 2003 and is the only entry in my dream journal. I have a lot of dreams that stick with me and ones that I find utterly bizarre so that is why I stared my dream blog...enjoy!

1 comment:

Neets said...

I have dreamed many times that I am on a horizontal elevator. I am in Las Vegas and I enter the elevator to go to my hotel room and cannot remember the number of the room. Then I realize that I am on that d@#$ horizontal elevator and it takes sooooo long to get back to where it started so I can get off and ask someone where my room is.